Appreciative Team building & High Performance Teamwork Development workshops sessions
4D Appreciative Inquiry Process with expert facilitators deliver best ROI on your Team vents and Leadership interventions.
“Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is the joint and positive exploration for the best in people, groups, teams, organizations, and the relevant world around them.
AI involves the art of asking positive inquiry questions that strengthen and focus on the positive possibility of a workplace’s capacity to enhance it’s positive potential.
A Fun Positive Appreciative Approach Transforms Teamworking results!
Appreciative Inquiry assumes that all living systems have untapped, trapped, and unexplored inspiring accounts of positive experiences. By linking this past “positive core” and energy to your change approach to accelerate results and improve sustainability.
It’s the study of what positively works. AI has been applied across many organizations, from whole system change to Real AI team building events, to individual coaching services.
The appreciative approach has extraordinary power to unleash, energy, passion, enthusiasm and momentum for positive powerful change. It creates conversations that awaken passion, pride and participation. When team relationships are positively grounded in passion, pride, and positivity, teams become more cohesive, efficient and effective.
Potential Team Building Workshop Approach
Traditional team / group entertainment usually starts by looking at what isn’t working so these team problems can be fixed. The similie, operating in this approach is “your team is like a machine”: if all the correct parts are in the correct place and working properly, the team machine will revert to its previous “unimpaired” functioning level.
Compare this old approach to an Appreciative Approach which begins with with DISCOVERY – A positive approach questions about what is working, in order to uncover the prime foundations of positive team performance.
The team then plans its future by expanding and sustaining the resources in this unique “positive core”. The idea here is that the team is an evolving, expanding potential with untapped possibilities.
Instead of just regaining the team’s or groups previous level of performance, appreciative inquiry tribe transforming process aims at creating a mindshift towards a more positive, potential.
Sample Interview protocol to begin the AI inquiry:
1) Think back to a time when you were on a successful team. Think of a time that you felt engaged, energized, happy, fulfilled and most effective – when you were accomplished even more than you ever imagined. What made it such a powerful team? Tell the “story” about the events, situation, people involved, your involvement and how the team achieved its incredible results.
2. Without being humble, what was it about you and your actions, thoughts and beliefs that contributed to the success of your team? Describe in as much detail at possible your personal qualities and what you value about yourself that enabled the team’s success.
3) Imagine that It’s 1 year from now and your team is functioning even more successfully than you imagined. What are you doing, how are your team mates working together differently? What does this activity and success look like? How did you make it all happen?
Team members pairs, interview each other, and then groups of 4-6 people share, compare and explore the stories.
The core themes and elements that come out of these successful times will emerge. Through further inquiry and discussions the entire team then DESIGNS new strategies to leverage the existing assets so day-to-day functioning and performance of the team approaches an ideal level.
The stages of an appreciative inquiry Team Events are:
- DISCOVERY : Discover the best of what is
- DREAM: Envision what might be
- DESIGN :Dialogue what should be
- DO : Innovate what will be.
Appreciative Inquiry Applications
The appreciative Inquiry team process is useful in almost any kind of initiative:
- Newly formed teams
- Teams aiming for more effective collaboration
- Ongoing project teams facing challenges
- Teams needing renewal, rejuvenation or clearer focus
- Leadership on strategic planning outings
Appreciative inquiry team building frames your agenda from a positive perspective. ie Rather than digging into causes of conflict, an appreciative inquiry approach explores the sources of the best cooperation.
Instead of diagnosing the problems, Appreciative Inquiry focuses on improving the present results by discovering the foundations of highly engaging workplaces and positive teamspirit.
By looking for causes of problems low morale is reframed as a search for the root causes of greatest excitement and commitment. Every time you expose yourself to conversation about peak experiences, you will discover a special enthusiasm, engagement, energy and rejuvenated team optimism. With a deliberate focus on strengths and positivity, Appreciative Inquiry avoids the resistance that often emerges in problem-focused conversations.
The Appreciative Inquiry Team Building approach ensures a positive -” play the ball and not the man” – way forward.
Contact Tony Dovale on 083-447-6300 to transform your next staff team effectiveness building workshops sessions in gauteng.