Pillars of High-Performance Teams, Organisational Cultures & Companies
Creating Growth Mindsets and High-Performance teamworking is Vital for Long-term success
High Performance Mindsets are needed as competition grows. Global boundaries blur, customers have a wider range of choice, and the ZMOT of the internet expands to create more challenges for managers.
To Thrive companies, teams. leaders and managers must optimise and improve individual talent, teamwork, trust levels, customer service quality, organisational culture and leadership effectiveness. Only in this way can businesses stay competitive, flexible, agile and relevant?
Extensive team building and company optimisation research shows that there are specific and measurable aspects that you have to address to become a High-Performance Team. If you are going to enhance leadership effectiveness and impact, here are the core areas that will directly impact your business bottom line.
The problem trying to implement high-performance principles is it requires intelligent and effective leadership and management to have credibility, competence, and commitment for the greater good of the organisation and its people.
The reality that we see in business today is that so many leaders in senior managers are worried about their financial packages as opposed to looking after their most important assets, that being their staff.
It seems that the only important number and business pertain to profit or loss. But what about the human element aspect of the business? Because I see so many unhappy, unhealthy, underperforming individuals and teams all around.
The high-performance organisation information below provides wisdom that leaders can implement in their organisation directly impact the bottom line. This impact should be a symptom of a thriving and flourishing machine running optimally and sustainably.
For this framework to be implemented leaders need to truly care about people and profits. Because exponential results are delivered by people with growth oriented mindsets, that makeup high-performance teams, in a positive organisational culture, supported by limitless leadership.
For the most effective application of HPO framework, all five areas must be addressed concurrently. For many people, this is a big challenge. An incrementally phased approach is required to be able to fully apply the high-performance teamwork model.
In business context and culture have a huge impact and direct influence on the behaviours and performance of individuals and teams. Thus, the culture of the company is a vital foundation to support proper implementation of a high-performance workplace.
but the framework also provides clear indications and suggestions for organizations in terms of the issues needed to address and processes so as to achieve High-Performance Teams and HPO status. In this way, the HPO framework adds focus to leadership / executive agenda’s and improvement efforts.
High Performance Framework
Quality of Management & Leadership
Decision-making is defined as ‘the process of deciding, in which a conclusion or resolution is reached.’ Research has found managers basically use four decision-making styles:
- Decisive: a manager values action, speed, efficiency and consistency in decision making and once a decision has been made he or she sticks to it and moves on to the next decision.
- Flexible: a manager values speed and adaptability, getting just enough information to choose a certain action and changing that decision when deviant information becomes available.
- Hierarchical: a manager values getting much information and first extensively analyzing that before making a decision that will be adhered to for a long time.
- Integrative: a manager values options and, therefore, taking broad decisions which leave many courses of action open.
Quality of Staff (Mindset, Attitude, competencies, strengths and energy)
HPO Staff Quality is the no#2 foundation for creating a High-Performance Organisational Culture that is built on a sustainable and viable base.
- An HPO assembles and recruits a diverse and complementary management team and workforce with maximum work flexibility.
- The workforce is trained to be resilient and flexible.
- They are encouraged to develop their skills to accomplish extraordinary results and are held responsible for their performance.
- The result is that creativity is increased, leading to higher levels of effectiveness.
Action Orientation & Openness
HPO Factor Openness Coupled with Action Orientation
- HPOs foster an open culture, meaning that management values the opinions of employees and involves them in important organizational processes.
- Making mistakes is allowed and regarded as an opportunity to learn.
- Employees spend a lot of time on dialogue, knowledge exchange, and learning, to develop new ideas aimed at increasing their performance and ensuring the organization is performance-driven.
- Managers are personally involved in experimenting, thereby fostering an environment of change in the organization.
Long Term Focus & Commitment
HPO Factor 4. Long Term Commitment
- An HPO grows through partnerships with suppliers and customers, extending long-term commitment to all stakeholders.
- Vacancies are filled by high-potential internal candidates, and people are encouraged to become leaders.
- The HPO creates a safe and secure workplace (both physical and mental), and only lays off people as a last resort.
High-Performance Organisation #5
An HPO compensates for dying strategies by renewing them and making them unique.
The organization continuously improves, simplifies and aligns its processes, innovating its products and services and creating new sources of competitive advantage to respond to market changes.
The HPO manages its core competences efficiently, and sources out non-core competences.
Use High-Performance Organisations Framework and CLEARx to ENSURE Exponential Results
CLEARx provides Exponential system framework for improving teamwork, meaning, staff engagement, relationships trust, leadership effectiveness and communications.
We are the coaches and consultants to guide you in transforming your company or team into a high-performance organisation. Call 083-447-6300 to start a high performance team building process now…